Five new head units were announced today: AVIC-8200NEX, AVIC-7200NEX, AVIC-6200NEX, AVIC-5200NEX and AVH-4200NEX. More details are below the page break.
Pioneer has chosen to drop a couple of key features in the upcoming head units. That's right, a few features will no longer be available in the newest devices.
Firstly, none of the 2016 NEX receivers will offer MirrorLink connectivity. If you are one of the few who rely on MirrorLink to connect your smartphone to the car, these head units will be of no use unless you buy a new smartphone. MirrorLink allows users to mirror their Android smartphones onto the dashboard with full touch support.
The second feature which has been dropped this year, although not a widely used feature, is the AHA Radio App support.
Anyways, here is a quick rundown of the features offered in the third-generation NEX receivers:
- Five new third-generation Networked Entertainment eXperience NEX head units: AVIC-8200NEX, AVIC-7200NEX, AVIC-6200NEX, AVIC-5200NEX and AVH-4200NEX.
- Android Auto: AVIC-8200NEX, AVIC-7200NEX and AVH-4200NEX
- Apple CarPlay: All head units.
- NEX Software: All head units. Some features include AppRadio Mode, Advanced Bluetooth capabilities, Pandora, SiriusXM-ready, iDatalink Maestro, FLAC playback.
- Main Features:
AVIC-8200NEX, AVIC-7200NEX and AVH-4200NEX: HDMI connectivity, Wideband speech & A2DP AAC Bluetooth Connectivity, Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, HD Radio, iDataLink Maestro, Dual Zone Audio/Video Playback.
Capacitive on the AVIC-8200NEX and resistive on others.
7-inch size on AVIC-8200NEX, AVIC-7200NEX and AVH-4200 NEX.
6.2-inch on AVIC-6200NEX and AVIC-5200NEX.
- Availability: Third-generation NEX head units (AVIC-8200NEX, AVIC-7200NEX and AVH-4200NEX) will be available in Spring 2016 in the United States.
- Pricing: Suggested retail prices are as follows:
AVIC-8200NEX $1400AVIC-7200NEX $1200