You would think Apple would keep their CarPlay page updated with the latest list of compatible apps. But, the latest CarPlay-compatible third-party app, Audio Books by Audiobooks is not featured in Apple's CarPlay section of its website.
Nevertheless, the Audiobooks app has been CarPlay-compatible since March 31. Here are some more details and CarPlay screenshots...
Audio Books by Audiobooks allows users to download audiobooks directly to their iPhone or stream them over the internet. The app features a new and redesigned interface in iOS. The service features plenty of free audiobooks for a total of over 60,000 titles in the library.
The latest version of the app is version 5.0.3 which has added the following improvements...
Audio Books by Audiobooks (version 5.0.3) - App Store description
- Fully updated user interface with a new minimalistic look and feel
- Improved book browsing and general user experience for international users
- Full integration with CarPlay and select in-car infotainment systems
- Audio Player updated to incorporate full functionality and controls without sub-menus
- Re-organized settings page displays critical account information more prominently
- Improved navigation throughout the app for a more intuitive user experience
Link to download: Audio Books by Audiobooks from the App Store
The CarPlay interface of the Audiobooks app is, of course, like any other media app that is CarPlay-compatible. It features the typical gray and black backgrounds for tabs with the Now Playing page having typical controls.
In CarPlay, you can start listening to free audiobooks without having to sign up for a new account. There are quite a few free books to choose from including short stories.
Check out these additional screenshots...
Visit Audiobooks.com for full details.